Let’s have a closer look at the WORDS in languages.
Sometimes they are telling the whole stories to us, aren’t they?
Let’s share them:
- WORDS from other languages (do you know when,how or why they have reached your language? do they have the same meaning as in origin language? etc.)
- your mother tongue’s WORDS in other European languages
- WORDS that can not be translated into other languages
- your name/family name is also interesting WORD to look at (what do they mean? did they come from other languages? are they very popular in your country? etc)
- ”Stories of the WORDS” (explain etymology of some WORDS/expression, e.g. name of the 12 months etc.)
Please write some articles on these topics – Let the WORLD to know about the WORDS.
Enjoy discovering your own mother tongue!